Last Updated on June 9, 2020
BRIEF EXPLANATION ON 2020_1 EXAMINATION
According to the directive of DEA, undergraduates (100 – 400 level) and postgraduate students are required to select one type or mode of examination which are:
1. Virtual examination
Virtual examination implies that the student can write the exam at his or her convenience either at home, work, etc This is an online examination and it is optional meaning you can choose to either do your examination at home or at the centre. Then you will select the number of courses you want to do and where you want it done. For instance, I am offering 7 courses this semester, I can decide to do the first three (3) exams online – virtual examination and do the remaining 4 at NITEL (provided the place will be used).
2. Physical examination
Physical examination is a normal examination usually written at the centre specified by your study centre management. For instance, Mushin and some other study centres normally use NITEL at Oshodi (Cappa) for this purpose.
In other to enroll for the virtual exams, you must have filled and submitted a form of which a confirmatory email containing your information would be sent to your mailbox. It is worth noting that once a student has picked ”virtual examination” for instance, he or she won’t be able to write the examination at the study centre (physically) using a pen, pencil, and answer booklet.
Below is the instructional video on how to register for the virtual examination.
Make sure you use a valid email that you have access to or you could register a new email if you cannot log in to your old email. It would take you about 10 minutes to register via gmail.com
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE ON-DEMAND VIRTUAL EXAM
- Visit https://dea.nou.edu.ng/node/70827
- Enter your Name, phone number, matric number, email address, programme of study and study centre
- Tick your preferred venue for the virtual exam, Home/office or others (you specify if you are choosing others)
Click on next page after filling all your details
- On the next page, you are required to add courses to be examined, meaning you can choose to add just or more courses to be taken virtually, for example, if you are taking 10 courses this semester you can choose to make just 3 or 5 or all virtually…the choice is yours
(All candidates should please note that once a course is selected for virtual examination, it cannot be made available to the student for physical examination at the Study Centre (after lockdown order is lifted).
Click on next page after adding all your preferred courses
- On this page an undertaken will be displayed, kindly read carefully. If you are good with the undertaken kindly tick the checkbox to agree to the terms.
- once you tick the checkbox, a board will be displayed for you to sign, kindly sign and select date.
- When done, click submit On-Demand application
- A congratulatory message will be displayed …..this means you have successfully applied for the virtual exam. Now you have to check your mailbox as you will receive a mail.
- once you get this mail then you are done….keep checking your mailbox regularly for updates
FACULTY CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION
FACULTY OF Arts, Education, Agriculture and Health Sciences CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION:
19th of June, 2020
FACULTY OF Social Sciences CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION:
1st of July, 2020
FACULTY OF Management Sciences CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION:
11th of July, 2020
FACULTY OF Sciences and Law CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATION:
18th of July, 2020
TIMETABLE FOR VIRTUAL EXAM
FACULTY OF Arts, Education, Agriculture, and Health Sciences:
22nd – 28th of June, 2020
FACULTY OF Social Sciences
1st – 11th of July, 2020
FACULTY OF Management Sciences
13th – 17th of July 2020
FACULTY OF Sciences and Law
20th -25th of July, 2020
Should you have questions, please let us know in the comment section below.
WhatsApp:- 07018870798 for past questions 100 level to 800 level
Do you have any NOUN updates, News, or information from your study Centre you would like us to post on this website? Kindly Whatsapp us on 07018870798